Monday, June 05, 2006

SoC report

This is the first report about my SoC phonon-nmm project.
So far I have studied the Phonon and NMM code, tried to resolve an rtti bug in NMM event handling (my co mentor mkrez fixed it) and I added some functionality into the phonon nmm backend and in the GraphHandler class to support the phonon bytestream KIO data passing interface.

At the moment I evolved NMM::GraphHandler and Phonon::nmm::ByteStream making them capable of using a ByteStreamNode (yet to be implemented) to pass data.

What I did was to change the GraphHandler::stage1 method to make it able to get an StreamQueue as optional input. What stage1 now does is to try to detect the media steram format from the NMM::Buffers in the NMM::StreamQueue.In order to do that I added a tiny helper function that uses libmagic to detect mime type.

On the Phonon side I implemented some functionality into ByteStream.
The ByteStream object tries to initalize the GraphHandler object as soon as the first data chunck arrives (in the ByteStream::writeData member). The data to be passed to NMM is inserted into a StreamQueue object that is registered into the ByteStyreamNode during GraphHandler::stage1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be a Part of mustang!!!!!!Busby Seo Challenge